Senior Software Engineer - Backend Services
What you'll be doing:
- Individual contribution: construct systems, write code, deployments, etc.
- Work with the team lead and stakeholders to estimate and prioritise work
- Work alongside peers to iterate on solutions that fit requirements
- Keep lead and production appraised about revised estimates and delivery times
- Champion and maintain high standards and process: tests, CI/CD, documentation
- Help and support team members in day-to-day work
What we'll need from you:
- Solid engineering and code design skills
- Solid problem solving, debugging and optimisation skills
- Previous experience in ONE or more of the following languages: Golang, Java, C#, Node.js, C++
- Ability to create supporting documentation, designs, comments, etc
- Ability to discuss technical and production matters.
- Excellent time management and ability to work independently
- Excellent technical communication skills
- Experience building distributed applications
- Knowledge of Microservices and service oriented architectures (SOA)
- Attention to detail with ability comprehend and follow direction
What would help:
- Golang experience is highly desirable
- Experience with cloud platforms: Amazon AWS, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure
- Strong Database experience with both SQL and No SQL highly desirable
- Experience developing server backends for free-to-play (mobile) games, casino apps, or similar.
- Previous experience in game development and shipping a game title
it’s more than a career choice.
Dale Taylor joined MPG as a Software Engineer in 2020.
He said: “MPG recognises what its okay to ask of us and what isn't. We're not expected to overextend ourselves for the sake of a project or development cycle. They've given me nothing but encouragement and room to grow and become a better dev with every project and task they've given me."
Find out more about what it’s like to work at MPG.
What we believe in
respect and trust
We treat each other with respect and trust, clients and colleagues alike.
We exhibit positivity in all our interactions.
delivery of value
We're committed to providing exceptional value to our clients.
We want our team to enjoy their work, interactions with colleagues, and the culture they have helped us cultivate.