- Architect, design and implement functionality for AAA external clients
- Plan and execute delivery of projects within their unit/client base
- Support the CTO as required on technical discussions with prospective clients
- Willingness to dive in to a number of areas including but not limited to gameplay, AI, UI, Multiplayer, Core Tech as and when required
- Lead a team of Lead, Principal, Senior and non-Senior Engineers, with responsibility for performance management and development ensuring exceptional level of service to our clients
- Providing support/input to the People Team on HR initiatives relating to the MPG People Plan
- Identify and highlight any potential risks in the solutions that are being worked on
- Solve problems through the application of sound software engineering principles
- Continuously work to minimise technical and maintenance issues
- Champion quality in The Multiplayer Guys and our clients development process
- Other duties as assigned
- A experienced Technical Director or Lead Engineer with at least five shipped games
- Professional experience in the architecture of multiplayer game development
- Experience in leading a small team on a number of shipped games with at least two or more as Lead
- Experience with consoles like PS4/PS5 and XboxOne/SeriesX is preferable
- Excellent C++ programming skills
- Experience of supporting HR initiatives including development discussions, interviewing and performance management
- Knowledge of Unreal (UE4), Unity and other proprietary engines is preferable
- Experience with smart or mobile devices would be a plus
- Attention to detail with a strong ability to analyse and comprehend direction
- Awesome technical insight and a finisher of technical tasks on time
- A good communicator with the ability to verbalise conceptual thoughts and the willingness to accept constructive critique
- Excellent problem solving, debugging and optimisation skills
- Confidence in front of clients and the ability to answer technically challenging questions in prospective client negotiations
it’s more than a career choice.
Dale Taylor joined MPG as a Software Engineer in 2020.
He said: “MPG recognises what its okay to ask of us and what isn't. We're not expected to overextend ourselves for the sake of a project or development cycle. They've given me nothing but encouragement and room to grow and become a better dev with every project and task they've given me."
Find out more about what it’s like to work at MPG.
What we believe in
respect and trust
We treat each other with respect and trust, clients and colleagues alike.
We exhibit positivity in all our interactions.
delivery of value
We're committed to providing exceptional value to our clients.
We want our team to enjoy their work, interactions with colleagues, and the culture they have helped us cultivate.