Senior Game Designer
What you'll be doing:
- Takes ownership of player character core mechanics, controls and character camera, makes a plan for how they should be used to drive development towards the vision laid out by the Lead Designer
- Create game systems that answer the needs of the client with regard to the targeted experience for the player
- Standardize, document and communicate the systems to the game team
- Adjust the game systems to allow the player to elaborate valid strategies in phase with the experience sought
- Define the skills of the player used with the game systems as well as any related obstacles
- Create a control scheme that is both comfortable and easily mastered, by applying the relevant ergonomic principles
- Define the information needed by the player to make interesting choices and adapted to his/her situation in the game, interface or menus
- Other duties as assigned
What we need from you:
- Extensive experience working within the Game Industry, with experience of shipping at least two title
- Highly proficient in game and system design
- Passion for creating fun, compelling and addictive user experiences
- Good project management skills , time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities, solve problems, juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines, all while maintaining a positive outlook
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Genuine interest and passion for games
- Experience in designing mobile touch screen controls
- Experience in utilizing JIRA task management
it’s more than a career choice.
Dale Taylor joined MPG as a Software Engineer in 2020.
He said: “MPG recognises what its okay to ask of us and what isn't. We're not expected to overextend ourselves for the sake of a project or development cycle. They've given me nothing but encouragement and room to grow and become a better dev with every project and task they've given me."
Find out more about what it’s like to work at MPG.
What we believe in
respect and trust
We treat each other with respect and trust, clients and colleagues alike.
We exhibit positivity in all our interactions.
delivery of value
We're committed to providing exceptional value to our clients.
We want our team to enjoy their work, interactions with colleagues, and the culture they have helped us cultivate.